Junior Coding – Ages: 5-8 Yrs
About this course
Age: 5+ Years
A Block-Based Coding Program where Children learn commands, loops, functions, conditions while creating puzzles & games. The Junior Coding Program is an excellent program for Introducing Computational Thinking & Algorithmic Intelligence during the formative years of young children.
NO# of Levels: 3 (S0 to S2)
Duration of Each Level: 40-80 Hours
Learning Method: The course takes essential programming constructs and wraps them in a friendly, easy to use environment. Drag ready-made blocks of code together to control activities on the screen.
- Design Process
- Experimentation & Creativity
- Problem solving
- Understanding Algorithms
Student Take Away:
- End of Level Certification by iCode.org (Certification Fees Sponsored by LeapLearner)
- Opportunity to Participate in Online International Coding Olympiad
Related Ed-Tech Courses from LeapLearner.
Students will have a good command of knowledge as below when finish the course:
- Understand what the programming mean, how to use scratch graphical software and blocks basically
- Know the basic application of blocks, simple logical thought as well as the corresponding blocks.
- Understand the math and computer knowledge that is related to the programming. Learn the logical thought and the corresponding blocks further.
- Understand relations between objects. Know how to make objects to transmit messages or variant contents with each other.
- Understand features of functions and know how to use more blocks
- Equipped to design modules like random events, object movement and DIY functions using random number, coordinate system and functions that are relevant to the math.
- Comprehend the drawing function and have a deep understanding of geometric figure taught in primary schools.
- Train the capability to summarize and sort blocks and events
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.